Available on the Career Tune-up Shop, iTunes and Amazon
I am extremely pleased to announce that the Emotional Intelligence Guided Meditation series has been recorded and published and is now available for download. It consists of seven guided meditations that can be downloaded individually or as a bundle from our Career Tune-up Shop and from iTunes. Audio CDs can also be ordered via Amazon. You can listen to samples on our Emotional Intelligence Guided Meditation page, on our Career Tune-up YouTube Channel or on the media player embedded further below in this post.
Claim Your FREE ‘Winding Down’ Guided Meditation
‘Like’ or ‘Share’ our page on Facebook using the buttons below to qualify for a 100% Discount Code (FBLIKE) applicable to our ‘Winding Down’ Guided Meditation during Checkout.
To claim your FREE guided Meditation simply press the ‘Add to Cart’ button below to add the “Winding Down” guided meditation to the shopping cart. When the button changes to display the word ‘Checkout’ click the button again to navigate to the checkout page. On the checkout page apply the Discount Code ‘FBLIKE’ to get the full 100% discount and receive a download link sent to your email for no charge at all after you click the ‘Purchase’ button.
Winding Down Guided Meditation
Meditating is Good For You
It is official. Meditating is good for you according to a Harward study. Test subjects taking part in an 8-week program of mindfulness meditation showed results that astonished experienced neuroscientists at Harvard University. The MRI Study proved that meditation literally rebuild the brain’s gray matter in 8 weeks. “It is fascinating to see the brain’s plasticity and that, by practicing meditation, we can play an active role in changing the brain and can increase our well-being and quality of life,” says Britta Hölzel, first author of the paper.
Emotional Intelligence – What is it all about?
Emotions influence the way we act and react. Emotional Intelligence is the ability to recognise our behaviours, moods, and impulses, and manage them in a positive way to communicate effectively, empathise with others, manage stress, overcome challenging situations and defuse conflict.
This series of Emotional Intelligence guided meditations will not only develop and progress your job satisfaction, job security and employability but also further your adeptness of the use of personal, social and leadership capabilities as employed by modern day executives and entrepreneurs.
Superior Job Performance and Leadership Skills
Emotional Intelligence has been connected to superior job performance and leadership skills. It has been defined as the ability to monitor our own emotions and those of other people, to process this emotional information, to use it to improve social interaction and to influence thinking and behaviour.
Daniel Goleman (“What Makes A Leader”, best of Harvard Business Review 1998) introduced a model that outlined five main areas of Emotional Intelligence and their related competencies. Here they are:
- Self-Awareness, being the ability to recognise one’s own emotions, strengths, weaknesses, drivers and values, recognising their impact on others and including intuition in guiding decision making.
- Self-Regulation, involving the competency to control or redirect one’s own disruptive emotions and impulses and adapting to changing circumstances. It also includes the ability to express and release inner feelings.
- Social Competence, being the capability to building and maintaining relationships in changing environments with ease and the adeptness to move people in a desired direction.
- Empathy, being the ability to recognize, interpret, and respond constructively to another person’s feelings and considering these inputs when making decisions.
- Motivation, being the will to achieve.
Winding Down and Emotional Resilience Builder
Our Emotional Intelligence Guided Meditation Series expands this by adding two additional topics to pave the way for improved take up of the core Emotional Intelligence message.
- Winding Down allows you to let go of tension that has been built up over an extended period of time. From a state of deep relaxation your body and your mind are allowed to gently let go of unnecessary baggage and recharge and regenerate. You will be provided with resources that you can draw upon while going about your daily life.
- Emotional Resilience Builder, allows you to build your own armour of emotional resilience which you can call upon whenever you feel the need for it. Each time you work with this journey you can increase its power and strength by building on what you have created earlier.
Thanks to Carla Gow, Fabio Mastrocola and Marissa Berendina
Many thanks go to Carla Gow for doing an excellent job performing the words on top of my music and for her continuing constructive input. A big thank you to Fabio Mastrocola for planting the seed to getting it done and thank you very much to Marissa Berendina my beautiful wife for the encouragement and for believing in our endeavour.
I’d love it if you share your thoughts in the comments below!
You can use your Facebook account in the first comment area or you can leave a reply in the comment area of this page further below.